Festival Newsletter - May 2019

Haughley’s Annual Festival is now a week long event with a greater and more varied programme than ever before.

The Festival opens on Saturday 25th May with our traditional Flower Festival in the church which runs through to Bank Holiday Monday 27th May. Not only will there be nearly 40 separate displays of beautiful flowers, there will be Live Music, Stalls, Refreshments, a display of the winning photos from the Festival Photo Competition, and an Art and Craft Exhibition in the Maxwell Charnley Community Room. On Saturday see who has won Festival Bake Off Competition sponsored by Palmers Bakery or join us on Sunday at 11am with your canine friends to impress the judge in the Fun Dog Show.

In this first weekend of the Festival we have two other special events. At 5pm on the Saturday we have a talk entitled The Adventures of Reg Willsher with the London Welsh Male Voice Choir including a miscellany of music recorded over the years by the choir. And at 5pm on the Sunday Haughley Choir & Friends are giving a “Road to Freedom” concert featuring music and readings. 

On Wednesday 29th May (which of course is during half term!) we have Family Festival Fun at Gallowsfield Wood. From 3 to 5pm we have “Be a Nature Detective”, suitable for all ages, and from 5 to 7pm there will be “Camp-Fire and BYO BBQ” for which you are invited to bring your own burgers and hotdogs or marshmallows to toast over the camp fire.

On Thursday 30th May we have the professional folk duo The Kimberleys performing in the church at 7.30pm.  Tickets are £10 and available through the festival website or village Post Office. 

The Festival concludes on Sunday 2nd June with a celebratory Big Sing in the Church.

A big thank you to all businesses, organisations and individuals who have sponsored the Festival. This year the money raised through the Festival will be split - 25% going to the MacMillan Cancer charity, and the remaining 75% going to the church to be spent as required for the Haughley Community: repairs and upkeep of the Post Office, the Maxwell Charnley Community Room, the church building, and providing funding as and when required to enable the Haughley Voluntary Service to continue to provide transport for those in our local community needing to attend doctor and hospital appointments.

Best Wishes,

Haughley Festival Group

  • White Twitter Icon
  • White YouTube Icon
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now